This event has passed.
Advancing San Diego: Career Exploration Day
Oct 20 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
About The Event
Through its new initiative, Advancing San Diego, San Diego Regional EDC is hosting a virtual industry event that will bring together employers and students of San Diego schools for a day of career exploration, professional development, company information sessions, peer learning, and networking. Open to local high school and college students, the event welcome those with diverse education backgrounds and majors to make valuable connections to San Diego companies and learn more about career opportunities in industries that continue to grow despite economic uncertainty.
The virtual conference will feature five workshops that are available to stream on-demand for a full 24 hours, and a keynote session from Lee Wills, Head of Inclusion and Talent Acquisition at Sony. We will also have a virtual career fair where students will get to network live with corporate representatives from local companies from 3:30 – 5:30PM.
Why you should attend:
The world or work has changed overnight, and students who were graduating into the hottest labor market in a generation are now facing record unemployment. However, there are still shortages for in-demand jobs. Join this session to gain insights, network with industry professionals, and interact with San Diego companies still looking to hire local talent.
- 8:30 – 10am Virtual career fair (exclusive event for preferred provider students)
- 10-10:20am Keynote: Career exploration in 2020
- 10:30 – 11:20am Jobs on the rise in a changing workplace
- 11:30am – 12pm Peer networking
- 12:15 – 1:15pm Spotlight on cybersecurity
- 1:30 – 3:40pm Professional development and learning
- 3:30 – 5:30pm Virtual career fair (open to all)
- Oct 20
- 8:30 am - 5:30 pm