This event has passed.
Apply now: Host lab technician interns
Jan 24 - Mar 12
Does your science-based company need intern talent? We can help.
The flagship talent development program of EDC, Advancing San Diego exists to increase skilled talent in San Diego and improve access to talent for small companies. The program is currently offering local companies the opportunity to host paid lab technician or research assistant interns for Summer 2022.
High-growth life sciences companies are encouraged to apply to host the interns at no cost to the business. Just a few slots remain!
EDC and our staffing partner Manpower will:
- recruit student applicants from industry-verified training programs identified as doing the best job at training lab technicians/research assistants
- provide selected companies with resumes and arrange interviews; companies will be able to choose their interns from the applicant pool provided
- cover pay ($22/hour) for selected interns along with all necessary insurance and wrap-around services to ensure a successful experience
Selected companies will be asked to host two interns for ~240 hours each. Most of the students will be close to finished with their programs and will be available for hire shortly after the internship if the host is interested.
- February 14 — Application deadline
- February 28 — Host companies are selected
- March – April — Intern selection period
- May — Internships begin
- September – All internships must end
- Jan 24 - Mar 12