This event has passed.
Career Exploration Day
Nov 18 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
We are no longer accepting company booth sign ups.
Advancing San Diego’s Career Exploration Day and Virtual Career Fair is back for a second year. On Thursday, November 18, this virtual industry event will bring together San Diego companies and students for a day of career exploration, professional development, company information sessions, networking and hiring! Open to students enrolled in local academic/training programs, the event welcomes those with diverse education backgrounds and majors to make valuable connections to San Diego companies and learn more about career opportunities in growing industries.
Career Exploration Day panels will feature industry professionals speaking about career paths, workplace changes and trends, and answering student questions about navigating the world of internships and entry-level jobs—available to stream on-demand for a full 24 hours.
Additionally, at TWO job fairs throughout the event, San Diego companies are invited to host a virtual recruitment booth where they can review resumes and interview/recruit students, right on the spot. The platform allows “booth hosts” to share digital collateral to showcase company culture and current job openings, communicate with students via a chat box, and conduct on-the-spot interviews via Zoom. (Example of a past company booth on right)
- 8:30am | Virtual Career Fair #1 – open to students of Preferred Providers
- 10:30am | Keynote
- 11:00am | Industry panel: Software and Cybersecurity sponsored by CCOE
- 12:00pm | Industry panel: Healthcare and Life Sciences sponsored by Sharp
- 1:00pm | Industry panel: Engineering and Manufacturing sponsored by CMTC
- 2:00pm | Industry panel: Marketing and Operations sponsored by SDLC
- 3:00pm | Best practices panel: How to stand out in the hiring process sponsored by Manpower
- 4:00pm | Virtual Career Fair #2 – open to all students
- 5:30pm | Event close
CAREER FAIR BOOTHS:
- Learn more about our Preferred Provider programs here.
- Review answers to our frequently asked questions here.
- Sponsorship and participation opportunities here; contact EDC for member discounts.
- Read last year’s event successes here.
For more information, contact:
- Nov 18
- 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Virtual Event