A Gateway to Mexico
San Diego is part of a greater Cali Baja binational region, which encompasses Imperial County and Baja California. Together, the region is a global leader in advanced manufacturing of medical devices, semiconductors, aerospace parts, and audio/video equipment. The San Ysidro Port of Entry is the busiest land border crossing in the western hemisphere, and each year, $6.2 billion of the binational region’s exports stay within Cali Baja.
The San Diego region is home to 18 cities. Learn more about them below.
Interested in specific information about North County San Diego? Innovate78 is an economic development initiative promoting the cities of Carlsbad, Escondido, Oceanside, San Marcos, and Vista. Learn more.
To learn about additional companies that call San Diego home, check out the San Diego: Life. Changing. company map.
EDC has a remarkable network of non-profit partners, trade associations, and additional resources that will help your business thrive.
EDC is an independently funded non-profit. San Diego is home to many sub-regional economic development partners that focus on specific areas of our Mega-region. Though we frequently collaborate with one another, we are sepearte organizations.
- Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International | auvsi.org
- National Defense Industrial Association, San Diego Chapter | ndia-sd.org
- San Diego Military Advisory Council | sdmac.org
- AFCEA San Diego | afcea-sd.org
- San Diego Brewers Guild | sandiegobrewersguild.org
- Biocom California | biocom.org
- California Life Sciences Association | califesciences.org
- California Life Sciences Institute | califesciencesinstitute.org
- California Manufacturers & Technology Association | cmta.net
- Center for Applied Competitive Technologies | makingitincalifornia.com
- CMTC | cmtc.com
- See more at our Made in San Diego page.