We are not offering summer internships. Please check back in the summer for information about applying for fall internships.
San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation’s (EDC for short) mission is to maximize the region’s economic prosperity and global competitiveness. As an independently funded nonprofit organization, EDC promotes the region, facilitates corporate expansion across diverse industry sectors, and supports the talent pool that drives their success.
Support the economic development team in executing programmatic activities, economic research projects, events, meetings, and support the marketing team in content creation (social, blog, newsletter, presentation, web) to help highlight San Diego’s economic strengths. This position reports to the coordinator, economic development.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
Program Management – Support the implementation of plans, strategies and activities to maximize San Diego’s economic prosperity.
• Provide administrative support to the economic development team for company project work.
• Assist with the planning and logistics of programmatic events and meetings.
• Conduct research on specific needs for clients, staff and partners.
Marketing / Communications – Support EDC with the development of communication pieces to inform companies, investors, board members and partners.
• Create content including press releases and media advisories for programming and relevant regional news.
• Manage the collection of success stories and news relevant to projects and compose regular newsletters, blog posts and reports.
• Assist in managing EDC’s social media account by creating original material for distribution.
Office Administration – Support the staff at EDC with office management tasks.
• Assist the Coordinator staff with responding to client inquiries, including answering phones.
• Maintain the upkeep of collateral materials used to promote San Diego.
• Recent grad or currently pursuing a university degree in international relations, business, economics, marketing, communications, journalism, political science, or a related field.
• Self-directed and motivated team player with ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills and public speaking.
This is an unpaid, part-time intern position. A minimum of 20 hours per week is required in-office.