San Diego Regional EDC is a 20+ person team, dedicated to mobilizing business, government, and civic leaders around an inclusive economic development strategy to connect data to decision making, maximize regional prosperity, enhance global competitiveness and position San Diego effectively for investment and talent.
EDC values diversity of thought, experience, and perspectives, and encourages individuals with non-traditional backgrounds to apply for the below position(s). We are a passionate group of professionals committed to supporting inclusive economic growth in San Diego, and we welcome applicants who are eager to learn and join us in this important work. We support regional companies and create programs and initiatives that grow our economy.
- Excellent benefits – Health, Vision, Dental, 401k match, and Life Insurance
- A collaborative work environment where ideas are encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and contribute from day one!
- Subsidized parking or transit pass
- The opportunity to lead initiatives and network, present and collaborate with key business contacts – in San Diego and beyond
Currently EDC is operating a 100 percent virtual work environment. When health officials deem it safe, we look forward to returning to our awesome office space in San Diego’s vibrant downtown.
Please no unsolicited calls or emails regarding employment or internship opportunities.
World Trade Center San Diego (WTCSD) drives the region’s global competitiveness priorities through growing exports and foreign investment, deepening ties to strategic international markets, and boosting the region’s global identity. WTC operates as an affiliate of San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation (EDC), which mobilizes business, government and civic leaders to maximize the region’s economic prosperity. EDC is a nonprofit corporation funded by 200 companies and public partners committed to this mission.
Provide general support for the organization’s global competitiveness priorities, including those related to the Export Specialty SBDC. This position reports to the Executive Director, World Trade Center San Diego.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
Client Support – Support the economic development goals of the region by facilitating attraction, expansion, and retention projects for international and local firms.
- Support the growth of the export specialty center, and provide one-on-one consulting to small businesses
- Track client project progress, wins and outcomes, and generate case studies that demonstrate impact.
- Liaise with corporate decision makers to ensure clarity of needs, and source relevant information and resources as requested.
- Respond to requests for information, consolidate market research packets, and develop capabilities in EMSI/ESRI/Costar and other relevant tools.
Program Coordination – Coordinate activities and events related to export, investment, and trade mission programming
- Support the planning and execution of MetroConnect export accelerator program.
- Coordinate foreign delegation visits and tours in priority markets and industries.
- Support the coordination of overseas travel, trade shows, and trade missions.
- Maintain updated foreign investment data and collateral and develop expertise in related tools.
- Develop familiarity with priority industry clusters, foreign investment data and tools, and maintain updated foreign investment data and collateral.
Communications and Administration – Support organizational operations and work collaboratively across teams internally.
- Provide logistical support for large events, as well as board and partner meetings, both virtual and in person as needed.
- Manage reporting responsibilities and timelines for various contracts and agreements.
- Manage WTC Global Brief and develop data driven collateral and digital assets.
- Take responsibility for website and collateral updates.
- University degree in international relations, business administration, economics or related field OR equivalent experience.
- Self-directed and motivated team player with ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated analytical capability.
- Demonstrated competencies including: client-focused, adaptable and flexible, and unquestionable integrity.
- Ability to travel when necessary (often within binational region, limited international travel)
- Native fluency in Spanish or Chinese preferred, other languages a plus.
Find full position details here.