San Diego Regional EDC is a 20+ person team, dedicated to mobilizing business, government, and civic leaders around an inclusive economic development strategy to connect data to decision making, maximize regional prosperity, enhance global competitiveness and position San Diego effectively for investment and talent.
EDC values diversity of thought, experience, and perspectives, and encourages individuals with non-traditional backgrounds to apply for the below position(s). We are a passionate group of professionals committed to supporting inclusive economic growth in San Diego, and we welcome applicants who are eager to learn and join us in this important work. We support regional companies and create programs and initiatives that grow our economy.
- Excellent benefits – Health, Vision, Dental, 401k match, and Life Insurance
- A collaborative work environment where ideas are encouraged. You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and contribute from day one!
- Subsidized parking or transit pass
- The opportunity to lead initiatives and network, present and collaborate with key business contacts – in San Diego and beyond
Currently EDC is operating a 100 percent virtual work environment. When health officials deem it safe, we look forward to returning to our awesome office space in San Diego’s vibrant downtown.
Please no unsolicited calls or emails regarding employment or internship opportunities.
Application deadline: May 10
The Manager of Investor Relations & Marketing Communications serves as a relationship liaison between staff and our investors (member) organizations, as well as regional partners, and stakeholders. Through strategic outreach, communications, and events, this position facilitates investor engagement in EDC programs and initiatives. The position will also provide oversight to a part-time accounting coordinator and have the autonomy to lead marketing-communications strategies for some of EDC’s programs and initiatives. This is a full-time, salaried position, reporting to the COO and Director, Marketing & Communications.
Investor relations management:
- Act as the organization’s Salesforce administrator. Maintain and develop the database to meet the evolving needs of the team and streamline member communications.
- Support the COO and Accounting team in tracking $3M in revenue from investor and partner companies, including ongoing outreach and communications, prepping renewal invoices, and general stewardship of relationships with funders.
- Develop relationships with prospective investors, respond to general inquiries with organizational and programmatic value propositions. Onboard new investors and oversee delivery of benefits and recognition.
- Assist team in securing sponsorships for programs and initiatives from investors and partners.
- Promote investors and partners through digital media content including blog posts, various web pages, social media, eblasts, and program/event recognition.
- Lead on external progress reporting for the organization on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Create case studies based on success stories across the organization to showcase EDC’s work to investors and partners.
- Design minimal graphics for various programs/events/announcements.
- Maintain program pages on website, especially related to investors and board members, among others.
- Alongside team, serve as end-to-end marketing-communications support for specific internal teams and/or initiatives as assigned annually.
- Work strategically to continue to grow EDC’s audience, attract future investors and potential clients, and share business resources across all corners of San Diego.
Event production – Plan, market, and execute several large and small networking events and programs including:
- Create event budgets, timelines, and briefs.
- Coordinate venues, vendors, signs, A/V tech, and decorations. Events are currently hosted over Zoom Webinar, as managed by this position.
- Strategize, create, and instruct on event content.
- Coordinate prep meetings with partners and speakers.
- Manage supporting teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Promote events through social media, websites, and partner organizations, among others.
- College/University degree, credential, or certificate in business, marketing, public relations, or comparable field OR comparable work-related experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience in the following areas:
- Social media and management platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram; Buffer, Sprout Social)
- Microsoft Suite (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Adobe PDF; Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Figma/Canva/other graphic design program
- Video production platforms
- Email marketing platform (especially MailChimp)
- Excellent writer.
- Keen attention to detail, good memory, strategic, organized.
- Comfortable working with numbers.
- Self-motivated and requiring little instruction.
- Non-profit or sales experience are a plus.