Advancing San Diego: Internship Opportunities for Small Businesses & Startups
Advancing SD: Internship Opportunities for Small Businesses & Startups
How it works
- YOU create an internship job description – you know what’s best at your company!
- Advancing San Diego vets the students and the programs they come from– We’ve worked to create a list of Preferred Providers – vetted talent providers that companies have deemed effective at helping prepare students for entry level jobs.
- You receive access to a pool of qualified students & recent grads who are interested in opportunities at your company – We provide ‘matchmaking’ services to help you find the best fit. Interns will go through your hiring process.
- Advancing San Diego pays your intern and provides support services to help your intern succeed! – No really, we do. In addition to taking care of the wages, select interns may be eligible for a $500 stipend to help with equipment, services, or services that directly contributes to their success in the workplace!
Join our distribution list for updates on upcoming internship programming!
Company Eligibility Requirements
- Have an established office in San Diego County
- Have fewer than 100 employees
- Possess a need for STEM talent (particularly software engineers, general engineers, and marketing/sales within innovation industries)
- Commit to a minimum of two interns for a 240 hour internship each
- Submit an internship project description that outlines a meaningful work experience for students
Meet the Software Preferred Providers
Preferred Providers are recognized by employers for providing the skills and training necessary for students to pursue jobs or internships in software engineering positions. Students from Preferred Provider programs will come from diverse backgrounds and will be at varying stages of their education journey. Each Preferred Provider was evaluated against a skills-based criteria for entry-level software engineers that was created by employers.