ABOUT THE California Competes Tax Credit
Businesses growing in the state of California over the next five years, or considering leaving California: Apply for a significant tax credit to offset your state income tax liability.
Awards are primarily based on the following factors, including:
- Number of jobs created or retained in California
- Capital investments in California over the next five years
- Overall economic benefit to the state and its people
- Commitment to remaining in California
For more information on eligibility and assistance, visit the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) website.
Get help applying
Learn about the application process via California GO-Biz’s on-demand webinars:
- July 28, 9:30–10:30 a.m. PST | Register
- August 5, 4:00–5:00 p.m. PST | Register
- August 10, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. PST | Register
Plus, reach out to EDC’s expert team for assistance, free of charge.
“Creative Electron is very pleased with the support received from CMTC and EDC. We are constantly thinking of our growth goals and how to get there. We believe our people and diversity make us great, and by providing them with the tools to expand their skill set, we are confident we will be able to exceed our ambitious goals.”
–Mariem Ortiz, VP of Operations at Creative Electron, which secured a California Competes Tax Credit of $446,700.