Each month, World Trade Center San Diego delivers the latest global news and updates straight to your inbox, sponsored by Lufthansa Group.
In Q4 2022, here’s what you need to know about San Diego’s global trade, investment, and engagement. ➝ Get WTCSD’s Global Brief each quarter.
Mayor Todd Gloria leads first trade mission to the Netherlands
To foster vital global economic partnerships, San Diego Mayor Todd Gloria and World Trade Center San Diego (WTCSD) led a delegation of 29 senior San Diego leaders on a trade mission to the Netherlands. Over three days in Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam, Eindhoven, and Leiden, the delegation celebrated the unveiling of Qualcomm’s new AI Research Lab, toured ASML’s headquarters, and bolstered public-private relationships with Dutch partners at a dozen other meetings and events.
➝ Read the WTCSD Director’s Reflections
MetroConnect companies pitch for Dutch investment
San Diego-based, BIPOC-owned small businesses Trabus Technologies and Nano PharmaSolutions joined WTCSD’s trade mission to establish business relationships and pursue investment at the Netherlands’ Port of Rotterdam and Leiden Bio Science Park. San Diego small businesses employ more than 60 percent of the regional workforce; with the right partners and investment, small companies that solve important problems become resilient, large employers.
➝ Read More
Learn how to grow your international sales
San Diego companies: Join WTCSD, MetroConnect exporters, and international business partners on Tuesday, November 15 to learn about the resources available to access international customers. Network with Dutch, Hong Kong, and U.S. Commercial Service representatives to grow your exports through programs like WTCSD’s MetroConnect accelerator.
➝ Register Now
San Diego News
- MetroConnect VI company Golden Coast Mead joins Canadian trade mission
- AeroVironment acquires MetroConnect alum Planck Aerosystems
- Sempra signs 20 year deal for windfarm in Mexico
- Port receives $2.7M grant to help fund pollution-reducing cranes
- U.S., Mexican officials break ground on new Otay Mesa port of entry
- SkySafe wins fifth competitive contract in Asia
- Singapore and San Diego-based ImmunoScape snags $14M for tech targeting cancer
- Israeli biotech Lineage establishes new R&D center in Carlsbad
- November 9 – Tijuana EDC
3rd Borderless Business Congress 2022
- November 9 – EDC
Preferred Provider Meet & Greet: Cybersecurity & IT
- November 10 – PRO BAJA
Aerospace Supplier Summit
- November 15 – WTCSD
Join us: International Expo at USD
- December 7 – WTCSD
Q4 Global Competitiveness Council
Grow your company in san diego ↓
World Trade Center San Diego works directly with companies—free of charge—to help them expand internationally and grow in San Diego.
- Export Specialty Center: For small companies interested in learning about exporting and international growth.
- MetroConnect: For small and medium-sized companies ready to export and grow internationally.
➝ Get WTCSD’s Global Brief delivered straight to your inbox.
You might also like:
- WTCSD’s Q3 Global Brief: International travel returns, San Diego’s newest exporters, and more
- Investor Spotlight: The Lufthansa Group
- Mayor, WTCSD delegation cut ribbon on Qualcomm Amsterdam operation
For COVID-19 recovery resources and information: Visit this page, or see how we can help your company free of charge.