ABOUT THE California Competes Tax Credit
Businesses growing in the state of California over the next five years, or considering leaving California: Apply for a significant tax credit to offset your state income tax liability.
Awards are primarily based on the following factors, including:
- Number of jobs created or retained in California
- Capital investments in California over the next 5 years
- Overall economic benefit to the state and its people
- Commitment to remaining in California
For more information on eligibility and assistance, visit the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) website.
Get help applying
Learn about the application process via California GO-Biz’s on-demand webinars:
- March 10, 9:30–10:30 a.m. PST | Register
- March 18, 4:00–5:00 p.m. PST | Register
- March 23, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. PST | Register
Plus, reach out to EDC’s expert team for assistance, free of charge.
“San Diego Regional EDC was an integral resource for our redevelopment. They were able to strategically bring key partners together and secure incentives that best positioned us to redevelop our headquarters in the Kearny Mesa area.”
–Anshooman Aga, EVP and CFO at Cubic Corporation, which secured an $8 million California Competes Tax Credit.