With and through our investors, EDC works to maximize San Diego’s economic competitiveness. Click through the links below to see how.
EDC’s Q2 in review
EDC convenes resources and stakeholder groups to help talent and a diversity of companies thrive in the San Diego mega-region. The economic development team led and advised on a variety of projects with the following outcomes:
- San Diego was selected for a national drone pilot program
- San Diego was a top contender for Army Futures Command
- Six local companies awarded Cal Competes Tax Credits
- Red Door Interactive set to open international operations close to home
- Inclusive growth steering committee convened to set measurable goals
- Link to San Diego played host to 75 students at MiraCosta College
WTC San Diego
As part of EDC, World Trade Center San Diego (WTC) works to cultivate a pipeline of export-ready firms, maximize FDI opportunities, and grow the region’s global connectivity.
The WTC team connected local businesses and industry leaders to foreign markets. Here’s how:
- Closed out year-three of MetroConnect program; awarded $35K Grand Prize to CureMatch
- Supported Lufthansa as it officially began its nonstop service to Frankfurt, Germany
- Attended World Trade Centers Association General Assembly in Leeuwarden with Port of San Diego
- Hosted 50-person delegation from China
San Diego: Life. Changing.
EDC’s marketing efforts serve to elevate the region as a top destination for talent, business, and investment.
As part of the San Diego: Life. Changing. campaign, EDC’s marketing-communications team debuted the following to equip businesses with the resources necessary to ‘sell’ the region:
- Made in San Diego beer in partnership with Ballast Point
- Online Recruitment Toolkit and Company Map
- Regional marketing brochure
Understanding our economy begins with strong data. EDC develops economic reports to help business and civic leaders make informed decisions.
Our research team released the following economic reports in Q2:
- The Importance of Water Reliability to San Diego’s Economy
- San Diego’s Economic Pulse
- Quarterly Economic Snapshot
See the full Quarterly Report here.