With and through our investors, EDC works to maximize San Diego’s economic competitiveness. Learn how in our Q3 report, which is segmented by our key teams/initiatives below:
EDC convenes resources and stakeholder groups to help talent and a diversity of companies thrive in the San Diego mega-region.
In order to grow jobs, EDC dispatched the following company support tactics and events in Q3:
- Unveiled 15 companies selected to participate in DIV program
- Hosted 26 PhD students from around the U.S. for Life Sciences Trek
- Hosted VIP tour of SPAWAR
- Learned best practices from peers in Indianapolis
- Helped AI startup Aira sign deals with San Diego Regional Airport Authority and San Diego Convention Center
- Engaged startup community in North County through Startup78
WTC San Diego
As part of EDC, World Trade Center San Diego works to cultivate a pipeline of export-ready firms, maximize FDI opportunities, and grow the region’s global connectivity.
Amid increasing uncertainty over national trade policy, ensuring that local companies get the tools they need to be successful overseas is more important than ever. WTC deployed the following tactics in Q3:
- Launched 2018 MetroConnect export accelerator program supporting 20 local businesses in going global
- Released new study, “Trade and Competitiveness in North America”
- Hosted Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce in San Diego
SD: Life. Changing.
EDC’s marketing efforts serve to elevate the region as a top destination for talent, business, and investment.
As part of the San Diego: Life. Changing. campaign, EDC showcased why San Diego is a hotspot for talent and investment with and through the following in Q3:
- SD: Life. Changing. Summer Bash
- Comic-Con and Pride
- #TakeoverTuesday with LunaDNA, Veyo, West Health, Viasat, and even yours truly
Understanding our economy begins with strong data. EDC develops economic reports to help business and civic leaders make informed decisions.
Telling a data-driven and inclusive story of San Diego, EDC released the following economic reports in Q3:
This work would not be possible without the investment and support of EDC’s members/partners. Thank you for allowing us to support the businesses that make this region truly #SDlifechanging.