ABOUT THE California Competes Tax Credit
Is your businesses growing in the state of California over the next five years, or at risk of leaving California? Applications are now open for companies seeking a tax credit to offset state income tax liability.
Awards are primarily based on the following factors, including:
- Number of jobs created or retained
- Anticipated amount of new capital investments
- Overall economic benefit to the state
- Opportunities for future growth and expansion
For more information on eligibility and assistance, visit the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) website.
Get help applying
Learn about the application process via California GO-Biz’s on-demand webinars:
- March 9, 9:30-10:30 a.m. PST | Register
- March 17, 3:00-4:00 p.m. PST | Register
- March 22, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PST | Register
Fill out the form linked below to request application assistance from EDC staff, free of charge.
“Creative Electron is very pleased with the support received from CMTC and EDC. We are constantly thinking of our growth goals and how to get there. We believe our people and diversity make us great, and by providing them with the tools to expand their skill set, we are confident we will be able to exceed our ambitious goals.”
–Mariem Ortiz, VP of Operations at Creative Electron, which secured a California Competes Tax Credit of $446,700.