Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of December 9, 2022, here’s what we’re reading:
- San Diego startup Drata lands $200M series C
- Avalon Ventures spins out $135M life sciences fund
- Illumina debuts next-gen research test kit to ID common infections
- Report: San Diego Community College District boasts $4.3B economic impact
- UC San Diego research groups receive $10M in funding for battery recycling project
- Seaport San Diego receives 2022 ICSC GOLD award for waterfront redevelopment
…and here are some events and opportunities:
- December 12 & 13 – City of San Diego
Community Engagement Workshops
- December 14 – USD Knauss School of Business
San Diego Angel Conference
- December 15 – NDIA San Diego
Holiday Membership Appreciation Event
- Give by December 24 – Qualcomm, Computers 2 Kids
Donate computers to families in need: Digital Give Back
How AI fuels life sciences breakthroughs in San Diego
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI-ML) technology and life sciences companies are accelerating the pace of innovation in biopharmaceuticals, surgical, medical, and wearable devices, and advanced manufacturing. In a new report, underwriter Booz Allen Hamilton and EDC explore how AI-ML is contributing to a new era of life-saving precision medicine.
Read More on SD: Life. Changing.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page