Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of July 1, 2022, here’s what we’re reading:
- General Dynamics NASSCO awarded $600M Navy contract
- One Alexandria Square cleared for Salk-inspired remodel
- Genesis San Diego lands Downtown life sciences tenant
- UC San Diego, Scripps researchers named part of $25M coral reef project
- Cox Foundation grants Sharp HealthCare $500K for tech immersion lab
- Junior Achievement of San Diego County positions students for business success
- Epic Sciences raises $43M Series F to advance liquid biopsy
- Construction tech startup AGORUS raises $6.5M
- Toll Brothers breaks ground on $285M Little Italy luxury high-rise apartment building
…and here are some events and opportunities:
- August 31 – San Diego: Life. Changing.
Get your early bird tickets: Summer Bash
- July 14 – Innovate78
Spot Startup Series: Talent Recruitment and Retention
- July 20 – Comic-Con Museum
Spider-Man Hall of Fame Induction
Case study: EDC newsletter connects local business to $20K in funding
Like many during the pandemic, Organized Change Consultancy faced difficulties in pivoting to provide remote services and reach clients virtually, affecting both its revenue and operations.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page