Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of July 9, 2021, here’s what we’re reading:
- Startup Discover Echo acquired for $110M by Swedish unicorn
- UC San Diego, Scripps Research use AI to understand COVID-19 symptoms
- Housecall Pro, WD-40 partner to launch Trade Academy
- EDC case study: Funki Adventures secures relief funding amid COVID-19 lockdowns
- Export Finance: Three things your business should know
- Kilroy Realty Corporation’s One Paseo wins top award
- Red Door Interactive relocates to nearby Sherman Heights neighborhood
- NuVasive gets European approval for disruptive surgery support platform
- NeuraLace gets FDA clearance for chronic pain-relieving nerve stimulation device
- Apply now: Teaching Opportunities in Career Technical Education
…and here are the events we’re attending:
- July 13 – CMTC
Virtual – Thinking Differently: How to Innovate & Gain the Full Value of Additive Manufacturing
- September 16-18 – Stone Brewing
Stone 25th Anniversary Celebration
Advancing San Diego: Apply now to be a Preferred Provider of Healthcare Talent!
EDC is accepting applications for Preferred Providers of Healthcare Talent. Education and training providers graduating top-quality medical assistants in San Diego County are invited to apply. The Preferred Provider designation qualifies students for access to paid work experience opportunities, and qualifies program staff for direct access to industry leaders.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page
- Find North County information at Innovate78’s COVID-19 page