Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of June 30, 2023, here’s what we’re reading:
- EDC unveils San Diego Investment Map for inclusive growth
- SDG&E awards nonprofits $10M in grants
- PLNU partners with Padres on science lab; wins national surf championship
- EDC among awardees of Bank of America Economic Mobility Grants
- San Diego Community Power approves solar-plus-storage projects
- Novo Brazil Brewing to expand into Texas
- Dexcom unveils new wearable glucose monitor for those with Type 2 Diabetes
…and here are some events and opportunities:
- July 14 – WTCSD
Apply: MetroConnect export accelerator program
- Aug 16 – EDC, Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc.
- July 11 – SD Regional Chamber of Commerce
Coffee and Connections
- July 12 – Innovate78, SDNEDC, CONNECT
Founders Feedback Happy Hour
MetroConnect Spotlight: Novo Brazil Brewing
World Trade Center San Diego (WTCSD) sat down with MetroConnect VI finalist Novo Brazil Brewing Co. owner and founder Tiago Carneiro to discuss the company’s products, international growth, and how MetroConnect deepened its local business connections.
Meet the company and learn how WTCSD can help your business grow internationally when you apply to join MetroConnect VII by July 14.