Black History Month is one of many opportunities to spotlight the Black founders, innovators, creators, and businesses throughout the San Diego region – and across the country at large.
This particular year feels especially critical, as we’ve watched current and historic racial inequality broadcast in our communities and across our TV screens, and as COVID-19 has disproportionately impacted communities of color here in San Diego.
For these reasons and more, we must do everything in our power to make sure we get this post-pandemic recovery right. We cannot do that without elevating Black and other marginalized voices.
Read ahead to learn more about Black-owned businesses and ongoing inclusion efforts across the San Diego region, published by EDC’s various brands and initiatives:
- Innovate78: 7 Black-owned food and beverage businesses in North County
- Innovate78: 7 Black-owned service and product businesses in North County
- San Diego: Life. Changing.: How 4 San Diego companies celebrated Black History Month
- San Diego: Life. Changing.: Black San Diego Magazine – #TakeoverTuesday
- San Diego: Life. Changing.: 6 Black San Diego entrepreneurs building boldly
Through resources, programs, and regional partners, we are committed to helping Black-owned businesses grow and thrive in San Diego. If you are a Black entrepreneur or business owner in San Diego and we can help connect you to resources, programs, or other assistance, please contact us here.
Black lives matter. They matter in this country, they matter in San Diego, and they matter to us.