Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
For the week of April 9, 2021, here’s what we’re reading:
- Google doubles San Diego office space
- SeaWorld reopens full park, coasters after 13-month closure
- Southwest Airlines launches scholarship for diverse talent
- San Diego County moves to Orange Tier, eases restrictions on indoor activities
- After Integration Pilot Program, Chula Vista Police Department’s ‘Drone as a First Responder’ program sees national interest
- San Diego International Airport, Honeywell Building Technologies partner to test video analytics tech
- Cyber Center of Excellence names Lisa Easterly as CEO
- Burger Construction helps bring life sciences offices back to life
- MetroConnect V company TradeSun partners with MarineTraffic to accelerate trade finance processing
- Infinium Spirits moves headquarters to San Diego
…and here are the events we’re (virtually) attending:
- April 20 – San Diego Regional EDC
Right Recovery Town Hall: Resilience through employee ownership
- April 26–27 – Illumina
SPARK Virtual Conference, with Bill Gates opening
We’re hiring: Research Coordinator
Know someone who is familiar with public economic data sources and has strong statistical and analytical skills? EDC is hiring an entry-level Research Coordinator!
This role will provide specialized, logistical, and administrative support for team initiatives and organization-wide efforts, including collecting and analyzing data on San Diego’s economy.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page
- Find North County information at Innovate78’s COVID-19 page