Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
For the week of March 12, 2021, here’s what we’re reading:
- San Diego Padres, Petco extend naming of stadium
- SpineZone raises $12M in VC funding
- Quidel gets FDA authorization for at-home COVID-19 test
- EDC Case Study: Resiliency Technologies, Inc. moves HQ to San Diego
- MetroConnect: Six things you should know about the state of logistics
- Viasat authorized to use U.S. government classified cyber threat intelligence
- DermTech set for growth, product line expansion
- Access Trax spotlighted on NASCAR’s #11 FedEx Toyota
- Share your insights: CSUSM and San Diego Business Journal’s Business Confidence Index survey
…and here are the events we’re (virtually) attending:
- March 15 – Founders First Capital Partners
FastPath Fireside Chat: Rockstars of Revenue-Based Funding
- March 16 – Global Shapers Community, Nikia Clarke
Global Shapers Cross Border Conversations: Economics Expert Panel
- March 29 – Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz)
Apply: California Competes Tax Credit
- March 29 – National Security Innovation Network
Register: Beat the Blaze Hackathon
- April 20 – San Diego Regional EDC
Right Recovery Town Hall: Resilience through employee ownership
Meet our Board: Janice Brown
“[EDC is] community; it’s family; it’s given me oh so much more than I have given it. I recognize that being the EDC Chair enhanced my profile in this region, but more than anything, it taught me to be myself and to connect authentically.”
To celebrate Women’s History Month, we’re introducing you to the women behind EDC. Learn about entrepreneur, visionary, and only the second woman to lead EDC’s board.
San Diego’s Data Bites: March 2021
EDC is excited to unveil a fresh take on our long-standing Economic Pulse. The same intel, with a new ‘taste’: Welcome to San Diego’s Data Bites!
This month’s bites covers January 2021 data, including an 8.1 percent unemployment rate and additional job losses after an atypical December, likely reflecting the ongoing impacts of COVID-19.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page
- Find North County information at Innovate78’s COVID-19 page