Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
For the week of May 7, 2021, here’s what we’re reading:
- San Diego startups pull in near-record $2.4B in VC in Q1
- Biocept offers COVID-19 testing to community colleges
- Tourism recovery key to rebuilding a resilient economy
- EDC’s Katelyn McCauley named AUVSI XCELLENCE Award finalist
- Biocom, Tourism Authority: Life sciences will be key to rebuilding downtown
- SeaWorld names official CEO amid signs of recovery
- Illumina donates $60M in genetic sequencing to increase new pathogen tracking
- Asian Business Association, San Diego Business Journal partner to promote Asian American and Pacific Islander businesses
- Classy helps nonprofits raise $3B
- San Diego’s Seqster raises $12M for patient-centric healthcare data tech
…and here are the events we’re (virtually) attending:
- May 18 – SD Cyber Center of Excellence, City of Carlsbad
Carlsbad Small Business Cybersecurity Awareness Webinar
- June 8 – July 29 – USD Ahlers Center for International Business
Global Readiness Workshop Series
- June 15 – 17 – Encinitas Chamber of Commerce
San Diego Business Week 2021
We’re hiring: Investor Relations and Marketing Communications Manager
EDC is hiring an Investor Relations and Marketing Communications Manager with three years of experience, strong writing and communications skills, knowledge of Salesforce and marketing tools, and love of all things San Diego.
This role will facilitate investor engagement in EDC programs and initiatives through strategic outreach, communications, and events.
Apply by May 10, or Help Us Spread the Word!
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page
- Find North County information at Innovate78’s COVID-19 page