Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of December 3, 2021, here’s what we’re reading:
- San Diego Foundation distributes record $104.1M
- San Diego Tourism Authority announces first cohort of Tourism Accelerator Pilot Program
- Qualcomm secures naming rights to new SDSU stadium
- WTCSD – Blue Sky Network turns $5K grant into 36% export increase
- San Diego: Life. Changing. – Just Say No To Winter
- UCSD Health, Sharp Coronado named among top hospitals in the US
- Jack in the Box acquires Del Taco in $575M deal
- West Health CEO Shelley Lyford named Gary and Mary West Foundation Chair
- Manscaped going public via SPAC merger
- PetDx develops tests for dogs to detect 30 cancer types from a blood sample
…and here are some opportunities we’re watching:
- December 17 – We Tha Plug, Founders First Capital Partners, UC San Diego Office of Innovation and Commercialization
Southern California Minority Entrepreneurship Seminar
- Apply now – EDC, GoSite
San Diego Biz Hub: Free digital services for small businesses
MetroConnect VI: Apply by December 17
World Trade Center San Diego is accepting applications for 15 small businesses to participate in Year 6 of its flagship export assistance program MetroConnect. Presented by JPMorgan Chase and Procopio, the program has assisted 80 companies in its first five years in turning $890,000 in export grants into 63 percent average export growth, 40 percent average revenue growth, and 543 new international contracts.
EDC is hiring, join our team!
EDC is hiring a Research Coordinator and Research Manager / Sr. Manager to analyze, synthesize, and visualize data to inform a diverse set of stakeholders and senior professionals from the region’s leading companies, nonprofits, and policy makers. EDC is also accepting applications for its Marketing and Communications internship position.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page