Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of December 3, 2021, here’s what we’re reading:
- San Diego’s Changing Business Landscape: Bottlenecks are squeezing bottom lines
- General Atomics awarded $103M U.S. Army aircraft contract
- Oncology startup Lengo Therapeutics acquired for $250M
- Meet the EDC Board: Chris Williams
- Scripps develops first 3D model of an entire cell in molecular detail
- Qualcomm partners with Razer, expands mobile gaming technology capabilities
- MAAC’s EV Access Program helps LMI families increase renewable energy usage
- Red Door, Infinium Spirits among top small companies to work for in San Diego
- Vote: Rady Shell nominated for USA Today’s 10Best Readers’ Choice Travel Awards
- Hologic pledges $5M to support women’s health, STEM, racial equity programs
- Cue Health’s COVID-19 tests confirmed to detect Omicron variant
- Comic-Con Special Edition brings needed boost to local economy
…and here are some opportunities we’re watching:
- Apply by December 17 – WTCSD
- Apply now – EDC, GoSite
San Diego Biz Hub: Free digital services for small businesses
EDC is hiring, join our team!
EDC is hiring a Research Coordinator and Research Manager / Sr. Manager to analyze, synthesize, and visualize data to inform a diverse set of stakeholders and senior professionals from the region’s leading companies, nonprofits, and policy makers. EDC is also accepting applications for its Marketing and Communications internship position.
MetroConnect VI: Apply by December 17
World Trade Center San Diego is accepting applications for 15 small businesses to participate in Year 6 of its flagship export assistance program, MetroConnect. Presented by JPMorgan Chase and Procopio, the program has assisted 80 companies in its first five years in turning $890,000 in export grants into 63 percent average export growth, 40 percent average revenue growth, and 543 new international contracts.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page