Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of January 7, 2022, here’s what we’re reading:
- Pfizer acquires San Diego’s Arena Pharmaceuticals for $6.7B
- Quidel acquires Ortho Clinical Diagnostics for $6B
- Lufthansa to add nonstop flights between San Diego and Munich
- WTCSD – White Labs reduces Australian customs holds by 84% with MetroConnect
- San Diego’s Data Bites: December 2021
- San Diego’s Good News of the Year: 2021 Year in Review
- Northrup Grumman, HyperKelp partner on Project Glacier Watch initiative
- H.G. Fenton Company receives record 38 Mark of Excellence Awards
- Carlsbad’s Pardes Biosciences nets $122M in funding for its COVID-19 pill
- Escondido’s Aquacycl secures deal with major food company
- Tech startup SkySafe raises $30M for its drone awareness system
- San Diego biotech Bloom Science closes $12M Series A
…and here are some opportunities we’re watching:
- January 26 – UC San Diego
Host a booth – Virtual Career Fair: Health, Biotech, and Life Science
- Apply by January 24 – GO-Biz
California Competes Tax Credit
EDC’s 2021 Year in Review
This past year, EDC welcomed new team members, investors, and board members, adding momentum to the goals we set for 2030 that together create a platform for inclusive economic growth. We’ve taken stock of EDC’s most impactful work in 2021—made possible with and through all of you.
EDC is hiring, join our team!
EDC is hiring a Research Manager / Sr. Manager with 3+ years of experience to analyze, synthesize, and visualize data to inform a diverse set of stakeholders and senior professionals from the region’s leading companies, nonprofits, and policy makers. EDC is also accepting applications for its Marketing and Communications internship.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page