Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of July 29, 2022, here’s what we’re reading:
- Apple expands San Diego footprint with 67-acre purchase
- Salk, Scripps announce HIV research breakthroughs
- Genomics startup Replay raises $55M
- Procopio reboots LaunchPad incubator after two-year hiatus
- ARS Pharmaceuticals to advance nasal spray to combat severe allergic reactions
…and here are some events and opportunities:
- August 31 – San Diego: Life. Changing., Alexandria Real Estate
Summer Bash with live music, games, food/drinks, and brief program
- Apply by July 31 – Startup San Diego
#SDSW2022 Incubator Program Application
- Apply by August 15 – GO-Biz
California Competes Tax Credit
- August 19 – Aquillius
Catalyst Pitch Day Competition & Networking Reception
EDC is hiring, join our team!
EDC is hiring a Marketing Coordinator to provide support in content creation, copywriting, media relations, event planning, and more. We’re also hiring a Research Coordinator to analyze, synthesize, and visualize data to inform San Diego decision makers from the region’s leading companies, nonprofits, and policy makers.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page