Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of June 18, 2021, here’s what we’re reading:
- General Atomics ships world’s most powerful magnet
- Scripps Health opens Coastal Medical Center in San Marcos
- SAN to offer direct service to Canada
- Innovate78 – North County’s tourism industry: The road to recovery
- Padres commission Ground Floor Murals to adorn San Diego
- MiraCosta College completes San Elijo Campus administration building
- Bay Area-based TigerGraph to open innovation hub in San Diego
- San Diego’s JMI Equity invests in software to help firms bring products to market faster
…and here are the events we’re attending:
- June 22 – Visit Oceanside, City of Oceanside
In-person – Oceanside Tourism Summit
- June 24 – EDC, CCOE, Booz Allen Hamilton
Virtual – Securing the Future: AI and San Diego’s Cyber Industry
San Diego’s Data Bites: June 2021
Presented by Meyers Nave, this edition of San Diego’s Data Bites covers May 2021, with data on employment, housing, and more insights about the region’s economy. Key takeaways include a falling unemployment rate and mellowing housing prices.
Survey: San Diego’s Changing Business Landscape
To identify evolving trends in local business needs and operations, ensuring their ability to grow and thrive in the region, EDC is surveying more than 200 companies in the region’s key industries on a rolling basis throughout 2021 to monitor and report shifts in their priorities and strategies. Insights will be shared bi-monthly in our Changing Business Landscape Series here.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page
- Find North County information at Innovate78’s COVID-19 page