Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of September 30, 2022, here’s what we’re reading:
- Mayor, WTCSD strengthen EU economic ties for Qualcomm, ASML, San Diego small businesses
- Illumina launches DNA sequencers that map genomes for $200
- MiraCosta College to celebrate new chemistry and biotech building groundbreaking
- CSUSM receives $3M for stem cell mentorship program
- San Diego Loyal, Junior Achievement partner to teach children about business
- SeaWorld announces new Arctic Rescue roller coaster to open for spring 2023
- San Diego Tourism Authority, Tripadvisor establish $1.5M partnership with new content studio
- Forbes: San Diego unicorn Drata provides security and compliance automation
…and here are some events and opportunities:
- October 6 – Innovate78
SPOT Series: Startup Funding
- Apply by October 18 – Founders First Capital Partners
National Grant for Veteran-Owned Small Businesses
- November 4 – Curebound
Alicia Keys: Concert for Cures
EDC is hiring; join our team!
EDC is hiring an Economic Development Manager (Life Sciences) with five years of experience in business, real estate, planning, or related field, to enable business attraction, retention, and expansion in the life sciences industry.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page