Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
For the week of April 23, 2021, here’s what we’re reading:
- Classy raises $118M in Series D
- Software startup Kandji raises $60M
- Neighborhood House, Workforce Partnership win $400K to build generational wealth for Black San Diegans
- National Volunteer Week: Why EDC volunteers
- Northrop Grumman flies Japan’s RQ-4B Global Hawk for first time
- Booz Allen Hamilton, Pfizer named among Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity in 2021
- SDSU, UC San Diego ranked among best value universities
- BD rapid antigen test to support safe reopening
- Startup Yembo secures $8.5M Series A to expand
- Genasys Inc. receives $1.15M for emergency warning system
…and here are the events we’re (virtually) attending:
- April 28 – Cleantech San Diego
Electric Transportation without Grid Congestion
- April 28 – SYSTRAN
Building Blocks to Going Global (with Dr. Nikia Clarke)
- May 6 – Cordoba Corporation, MyPoint Credit Union
CEO Panel: Pandemic Success Strategies (with Mark Cafferty)
Apply to host manufacturing interns—and we’ll pay for them!
Companies with <200 employees: We are providing 12 San Diego businesses with paid manufacturing interns from regional Preferred Providers of Manufacturing talent—at no charge to you.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page
- Find North County information at Innovate78’s COVID-19 page