Here at EDC, we thrive on making a difference – in the office and after work. Whether helping children or addressing food insecurity, here are just a few of the ways EDC staff volunteer to make the world a better place.
Jordan Latchford, Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) at Voices for Children
- What I do: As a CASA volunteer, I am officially appointed by a Juvenile Court judge, to become involved in the case of a child that has been abused, abandoned, or neglected. As the Juvenile Court’s eyes and ears for children in foster care, I speak up on my child’s behalf and help them through what is often a confusing and scary time.
- Why I volunteer: I volunteer with Voices for Children because I think everyone needs someone to look out for them. I’m often the only permanent person in their life, and connecting with the children is the most rewarding experience.
Katelyn McCauley, CASA at Voices for Children
- Why I volunteer: I volunteer with Voices for Children because I was once a child without a voice, and it’s my honor to pay forward the opportunities afforded to me through the mentors and advocates I’ve had throughout my life. I can find no better investment of my love, empathy, and time than providing a voice that focuses solely on the needs of a child navigating a complex legal system to no fault of their own.
Lauree Sahba, Member, Board of Directors at Voices for Children
- Why I volunteer: Foster kids are in dire circumstances through no fault of their own and I feel a deep sense of responsibility to help. Raising awareness and money for Voices has been my passion for nearly 20 years. Voices recruits, trains, and supports CASA volunteers who speak up for the needs and well-being of foster children. One caring adult can change their lives by finding a safe permanent home through reunification or adoption. I’m so grateful to my colleagues for becoming CASAs, caring for children and helping judges make more informed decisions about their futures.
EDC Team, Volunteers at Padres Pedal the Cause
- What we do: In addition to Padres Pedal’s annual fundraising event, Team EDC participated in Groceries4Good last year, delivering groceries to patients and families going through cancer treatment.
- Why we volunteer: Whether in honor of family members with cancer or because we want to make our region a kinder, healthier place, the EDC team believes in Padres Pedal’s mission to accelerate the cure for cancer by funding research and clinical trials.
- Check out a video recap of our day in the life of volunteering for Groceries4Good and Padres Pedal:
Love making a difference in the San Diego region? We’re hiring! Check out open roles here.