Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of April 1, 2022, here’s what we’re reading:
- Northrop Grumman awarded $97M U.S. Navy contract
- Rady Children’s Hospital debuts $10M cerebral palsy center
- Lufthansa begins nonstop flights between SAN, Munich
- Scripps, San Ysidro Health partner to provide care for high-risk pregnancies
- UC San Diego biology lab receives $1.4M grant to fight Malaria spread
- General Atomics tapped by U.S. Space Force for satellite prototype
- San Diego ranked #3 best city for pre-IPO startups
- Palomar Health to send supplies, medical staff to Ukraine
- Israeli tech startup Asterra expands San Diego operations
- Downtown San Diego businesses optimistic about rebounding tourism
…and here are some events and opportunities to consider:
- April 8 – San Diego Regional EDC
Inclusive Growth: Report to the Community
- April 13-14 – Startup San Diego
Convergence 2022: Use code EDC30 for 30% off
Investor Spotlight: Bristol Myers Squibb
We sat down with Neil Bence, EDC investor Bristol Myers Squibb’s vice president of oncology discovery and San Diego site head, to discuss its mission to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
San Diego Biz Hub: Free digital services for small businesses
GoSite and EDC are still accepting applications for the San Diego Business Hub, which offers small, service-based businesses the full suite of GoSite products at no cost. Services include payment and invoicing, bookings, review management, customer communications, and template websites.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page