Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of January 6, 2023, here’s what we’re reading:
- Carlsbad’s Viasat inks deal with Microsoft
- Shield AI raises $60M to build AI pilots
- SDMAC reports $56B economic impact of local military
- Gilead Sciences’ HIV-resistant drug treatment receives FDA approval
- Tandem Diabetes acquires AMF Medical for $215M
- Mirati Therapeutics’ lung cancer drug receives FDA approval
- Balboa Park ranked #1 most photographed landmark in U.S., Canada
…and here are some events and opportunities:
- January 10 – WTCSD, SBDC
Step Grants: Am I Eligible?
- January 24 – Advancing San Diego
Employer Working Group Informational Meeting
- February 1 – San Diego Regional EDC
- January 3-23 – GO-Biz
Apply Now: California Competes Tax Credit
EDC’s Top 10 in 2022
On the heels of the pandemic and a return to ‘normal’ that will never feel quite normal again, EDC’s Top 10 in 2022 includes a new board chair, team and board members, and increased commitments to the Inclusive Growth goals we set for 2030.