Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of May 20, 2022, here’s what we’re reading:
- Red Door Interactive unveils new Sherman Heights HQ
- MaxLinear acquires Taiwan’s Silicon Motion for $3.8B
- Scripps Research awarded $67M by NIH for pandemic prepardness center
- Illumina, Deerfield enter drug discovery partnership
- MiraCosta College to offer affordable housing management program
- Carrier Johnson+CULTURE, Suffolk Construction partner for sustainable, cost-effective Downtown housing
- Space Micro delivers seven processors for NASA solar mission
- Flock Freight, Airspace named among CNBC’s 2022 ‘Disruptor 50’
- Salk Institute hosts Louis Vuitton fashion show
…and here are some events we’re attending:
- June 9 – San Diego Regional EDC
Early bird tickets: Annual Dinner at Petco Park
- May 25 – UC San Diego, Burnham Center for Community Advancement
The Future of Work and Higher Education
- May 25 – East County EDC
- June 18 – USD
2022 Fowler Global Finals Showcase
San Diego’s Economic Snapshot: Q1 2022
Every quarter, EDC analyzes key economic indicators that are important to understanding the regional economy through trends in employment, housing, and investment.
In Q1 2022: VC investments in Life Sciences continue amid uncertainty surrounding inflation, while home prices continue to soar despite fewer sales.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page