In Q2 2022, here’s what you need to know about San Diego’s global trade, investment, and engagement:
The crisis in Ukraine and its impact on San Diego businesses
The conflict in Ukraine has major implications for Russia’s relationship with Western nations and the global economy—and has already led to significant changes in the regulation of trade. The WTCSD team sat down with San Diego trade attorney Bob Bowen and law firm Procopio to learn how San Diego companies—particularly in energy, defense, and dual-use technologies—can prepare for these changes.
SIDUS Solutions strengthens brand in Europe, Asia with MetroConnect
San Diego’s SIDUS Solutions, which generated 15 percent of revenue from exports but faced canceled trade shows due to COVID-19, needed to find new ways to connect with its international customers and retain revenue. Leveraging MetroConnect’s expert workshops, translation tools, and $5,000 grant, SIDUS strengthened its digital presence to expand brand awareness and build relationships in target overseas markets.
How Tijuana can address San Diego’s battle for talent
When your San Diego business needs to find qualified digital talent in a competitive market, consider staying regional and look to Tijuana. Just 20 minutes south of San Diego and in the same time zone, firms like Thermo Fisher Scientific are already leveraging the benefits of a binational team, including visa flexibility, easy sample transport, and proximity for culture-building and quality assurance.
San Diego News
- SAN, Air Canada resume nonstop service to Toronto, introduce Montreal service
- Lufthansa offers non-stop service to Munich
- Qualcomm, Netherlands-based NXP partner to expand eSIM into wearables
- Illumina launches new genomic cancer test in Europe, expands Latin America genomics access
- General Atomics wins $31.7M contract on behalf of Belgian government
- Dexcom’s next-generation glucose monitoring system gets EU approval
- U.S. adds commercial lanes to Otay Mesa border crossing in ongoing expansion project
- Canada’s Oxford Properties enters San Diego life sciences market with $464M real estate purchase
- May 3 – WTCSD
Webinar: Exporting Opportunities Out of the Port of San Diego
- June 9 – San Diego Regional EDC
Annual Dinner 2022
Grow your company in san diego↓
World Trade Center San Diego works directly with companies—free of charge—to help them expand internationally and grow in San Diego.
- Export Specialty Center: For small companies interested in learning about exporting and international growth.
- MetroConnect: For small and medium-sized companies ready to export and grow internationally.
Plus: Get WTCSD’s Global Brief, monthly global news and updates delivered straight to your inbox.
You might also like:
- WTCSD’s Q1 Global Brief: MetroConnect VI, export success, and more
- Blue Sky Network wins $25K MetroConnect V export grand prize
- Meet the MetroConnect VI companies!