International arm of EDC opens applications for next round of MetroConnect
Take your company global or grow your existing international sales with MetroConnect VI, the sixth iteration of World Trade Center San Diego‘s flagship export assistance program presented by JPMorgan Chase and Procopio.
Apply now to become one of 15 companies selected to receive a $5,000 export assistance grant, attend private executive export workshops, get complimentary access to SystranPRO translation software, and more.
Company applicants must:
- Be headquartered in San Diego
- Be export-ready, meaning the company is already exporting its goods/services or looking to pursue international sales as a near-term priority
- Have been in business for at least one year
- Be an SBA-designated small businesses
In its first four years, MetroConnect San Diego assisted 65 small businesses in turning $790,000 in export funding into:
- $85,000,000 in new international sales
- 500 new international contracts
- 18 new offices around the world
Meet the MetroConnect alumni, including past winners EDDY Pump, CureMatch, Cypher Genomics, and Rough Draft Brewing.
MetroConnect companies receive:
- $5,000 private-sector funded export assistance grant
- Seven executive workshops on export-related topics
- Complimentary access to SystranPRO machine translation software
- Discounts on international travel with partner airlines, such as American Airlines, British Airways, and Japan Airlines
- EDC investor benefits for the duration of the program ($5,000 value)
- PR and marketing support from WTC San Diego
- Access to a network of mentors, consultants, and service providers in San Diego and overseas
- Chance to compete for a $25,000 grand prize
The application takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.