Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of February 18, 2022, here’s what we’re reading:
- Telehealth startup Equip nets $58M, receives backing from Alex Morgan
- Carlsbad’s mPower Technology raises $10M
- Scripps Research makes big strides in fighting future pandemics
- San Diego: Life. Changing. on the real Super Bowl winner
- MiraCosta College Superintendent/President Dr. Sunita Cooke receives Shirley B. Gordon Award
- San Diego State University ranks 6th most inclusive college for LGBTQ+ students
- MTS breaks ground on affordable housing project at Grantville Trolley Station
- Twenty San Diego breweries crack list of top-ranked craft beer in California
- Carlsbad’s Sound United acquired by Masimo Corporation
…and here are some opportunities we’re watching:
- February 26 – San Diego Seals
Career Fair: San Diego Sports & Entertainment
- Apply by February 28 – San Diego Regional EDC
Get paid lab tech interns for your Life Sciences company (at no cost)
- April 8 – San Diego Regional EDC
Inclusive Growth: Report Card to the Community
- March 2 – SBA, Embassy of Colombia
Trade Opportunities Between the U.S. & Colombia
- April 28 – Connect
Five•Ten•Thirty: First Annual San Diego Innovation Day
San Diego Biz Hub: Free digital services for small businesses
GoSite and EDC are still accepting applications for the San Diego Business Hub, which offers small, service-based businesses the full suite of GoSite products at no cost. Services include payment and invoicing, bookings, review management, customer communications, and template websites.
EDC is hiring, join our team!
EDC is hiring a Research Coordinator and Research Manager / Sr. Manager to analyze, synthesize, and visualize data to inform a diverse set of stakeholders and senior professionals from the region’s leading companies, nonprofits, and policy makers. EDC is also hiring an Economic Development Manager to enable business expansion, attraction, and retention across key industries.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page