Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of January 14, 2022, here’s what we’re reading:
- San Diego startups raised record $9.6B in 2021
- San Diego’s GoFundMe, Classy join forces to connect donors with nonprofits
- San Diego to host Men’s Lacrosse World Championship
- A note from Dr. Clarke on EDC’s 2022 goals
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon chips to power Volvo, Honda, Renault EVs
- SeaWorld rescues sea lion on 94 freeway, committed to rehabilitation and release
- SIP Wine & Beer’s KPBS show to highlight women and BIPOC trailblazers
- Estate planning startup Trust & Will receives investment from fintech UBS Next
…and here are some opportunities we’re watching:
- Apply by January 24 – GO-Biz
California Competes Tax Credit
- January 25 – SBDC, USD
Tech and science founders: How to submit an SBIR proposal
- Apply now – Connect San Diego
Cool Companies Program
- Apply now – San Diego Tourism Authority
Tourism Accelerator Program
Save the date: EDC’s Annual Dinner
Save the date for EDC’s Annual Dinner 2022, which will again gather more than 900 business and community leaders for a night of celebration of our organization and region on June 9 in iconic Petco Park. Stay tuned for registration, program details, and award updates.
Interested in sponsoring? Contact Jennifer Storm.
EDC is hiring, join our team!
EDC is hiring a Research Manager / Sr. Manager with 3+ years of experience to analyze, synthesize, and visualize data to inform a diverse set of stakeholders and senior professionals from the region’s leading companies, nonprofits, and policy makers. EDC is also accepting applications for its Marketing and Communications internship.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page