Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of July 8, 2022, here’s what we’re reading:
- SDSU awarded $1.28M grant for international business program
- Grossmont College launches workforce drone program
- EDC members named in SDBJ’s CEO of the Year awards
- San Diego International Airport receives $24M from FAA for Terminal 1 remodel
- UCSD expands student housing, mitigates surging demand
- San Marcos nonprofit Sharia’s Closet receives $25K donation from Aetna
- Petco Park debuts new augmented reality game
- San Diego Pride returns after two virtual years
…and here are some events and opportunities:
- July 19 – San Diego Regional EDC
For talent recruitment professionals: Talent Workshop Series
- August 31 – San Diego: Life. Changing., Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc.
Get your early bird tickets: Summer Bash
Meet EDC investor ITJ
This week, EDC sat down with Maritza Diaz, CEO of ITJ, a binational U.S.-Mexican company founded with the mission to enable U.S. companies to create technology centers of excellence in Mexico. ITJ serves fast-growing and high-value market sectors working with innovative medical device companies to improve people’s lives.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page