Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of September 30, 2022, here’s what we’re reading:
- Viasat sells military comms unit to L3Harris for $2B
- CSUSM physicist granted $1.2M by NASA
- EDC Investor Spotlight: Commute with Enterprise
- San Diego Padres, Wave, Loyal reach playoffs
- Scripps Research professor wins second Nobel Prize in chemistry
- Former EDC Board Chair Julian Parra: Investing in Latino businesses is good for the economy
- Fortune: San Marcos ranked among best places to live for families
…and here are some events and opportunities:
- October 11 – WTCSD
Export 201 Webinar: International Market Entry
- October 22 – MANA de San Diego
Latina Success Conference
- October 25-28 – Startup San Diego
San Diego Startup Week, use code ‘board30’
- November 8-9 – Tijuana EDC
3RD Borderless Business Congress 2022
EDC is hiring; join our team!
EDC is hiring an Economic Development Manager (Life Sciences) with five years of experience in business, real estate, planning, or a related field to enable business attraction, retention, and expansion in San Diego County’s life sciences industry.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page