Each month, World Trade Center San Diego delivers the latest global news and updates straight to your inbox, sponsored by Lufthansa Group.
In Q3 2023, here’s what you need to know about San Diego’s global trade, investment, and engagement. ➝ Get WTCSD’s Global Brief each quarter.
Apply by Sept. 20: Grow your global sales with MetroConnect
WTCSD’s MetroConnect export accelerator program equips cohorts of 15 San Diego companies with the resources and network to increase international sales. Made possible through a grant from Booz Allen Hamilton, Deloitte, and JPMorgan Chase & Co., participating companies receive an export grant, executive workshops, 40+ mentorship hours from top business leaders, and the opportunity to win an additional $25,000 Grand Prize.
➝ Learn More and Apply
MetroConnect Spotlight: Novo Brazil Brewing
Chula Vista-based Novo Brazil Brewing applied for MetroConnect to grow its beer and kombucha exports, and brand around the world. Thanks to the program’s executive workshops and expansive business network, Novo forged deeper connections with the San Diego International Airport and will continue to increase sales in Europe and Japan.
➝ Read More
MetroConnect Spotlight: Solecta
Oceanside-based Solecta applied for MetroConnect to tap into new global markets and increase revenue opportunities around its membrane separation technologies. Through MetroConnect’s extensive network and resources, including STEP grant consulting, Solecta has expanded its European workforce and increased its global revenue and brand recognition.
➝ Read More
San Diego News
- Port of San Diego gets United States’ first all-electric tugboat
- Viasat wins inflight broadband contract for Korea Air’s A321neo fleet
- Illumina opens new office in Bengaluru, India
- ITJ and MetroConnect alums Avacen, Real Dog Box make Inc. 5000
- New Zealand-based transportation tech provider EROAD moves North American HQ to San Diego
- Arthrosi secures $75M Series D from Hong Kong investment firm
- Neurotech startup Rosa secures $35M partnership with India’s GlobalSpace
- Poseida Therapeutics receives $50M investment from Japanese firm Astellas
- September 14 – Export SBDC: STEP Grant Workshop
- September 14 – San Diego Innovation Day
- October 5 – Borderless Business Congress
- October 13 – China IP Roadshow
- October 11-14 – 2023 World Korean Business Convention
Grow your company in san diego ↓
World Trade Center San Diego works directly with companies—free of charge—to help them expand internationally and grow in San Diego.
- Export Specialty Center: For small companies interested in learning about exporting and international growth.
- MetroConnect: For small and medium-sized companies ready to export and grow internationally.
You might also like:
- WTCSD honored with Presidential Export Award
- Access Trax turns $10K into Canada, Australia export growth with MetroConnect
- Investor Spotlight: The Lufthansa Group