Each month, World Trade Center San Diego delivers the latest global news and updates straight to your inbox. ➝ Get WTCSD’s Global Brief each month.
In December 2021, here’s what you need to know about San Diego’s global trade, investment, and engagement:
Blue Sky Network wins $25K MetroConnect V Grand Prize
WTCSD named Blue Sky Network, which provides satellite-based communications and fleet management solutions for aviation, maritime, and IoT customers, as the winner of the MetroConnect export accelerator program, now in its fifth year. Made possible through a grant from JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Procopio, Blue Sky Network will use the $25,000 award to expand its presence in Brazil and promote the launch of its new SkyLink product in global markets.
➝ Read More
MetroConnect VI application deadline extended to December 17
Last call: Want to take your business international, but need support? Apply for the MetroConnect export accelerator and a shot at $30,000 in grant funds, free translation software, discounted international flights, and hands-on consulting on expansion into international markets. Over the last five cohorts, WTCSD helped 80 small and mid-sized companies grow their exports by 63 percent, and total revenue by 40 percent on average.
➝ Read More
Is my company ready to export?
Exporting can help diversify your company’s customer base, derive more value from your product in international markets, and make your company more resilient. Bottom line: If your company has enjoyed domestic success and you want to take your business to the next level, WTCSD has summarized what you need to know in order to export.
➝ Read More
san diego news
- BD upsizes San Diego presence, expands manufacturing capability in Spain
- UC San Diego, BioMed Realty open Center for Novel Therapeutics, continuing Kyoto University collaboration
- Amazon expands in San Diego region with new Tijuana fulfillment center
- Neurocrine Biosciences partners with Japanese firm on new dementia drug
- San Diego’s Kandji lands $100M, plans European expansion
- UC San Diego has 9th highest number of top scientists in the world
GROW YOUR COMPANY IN SAN DIEGO ↓
World Trade Center San Diego works directly with companies—free of charge—to help them expand internationally and grow in San Diego.
- Export Specialty Center: For small companies interested in learning about exporting and international growth.
- MetroConnect: For small and medium-sized companies ready to export and grow internationally.
Plus: Get WTCSD’s Global Brief, monthly global news and updates delivered straight to your inbox.
You might also like:
- MetroConnect VI: Apply by December 17
- WTC San Diego’s Global Brief: October 2021
- Blue Sky Network wins $25K MetroConnect V export grand prize
For COVID-19 recovery resources and information: Visit this page, or see how we can help your company free of charge.