Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
For the week of May 28, 2021, here’s what we’re reading:
- Northrop Grumman secures $99M Navy contract
- TaylorMade Golf acquired by South Korean private equity firm
- Software startup CMX raises $50M in VC funding
- San Diego’s Economic Snapshot: Q1 2021
- Innovate78: Spotlight on AAPI-owned and led businesses in North County
- Young Professional Spotlight: Alyssa Snow, Link to San Diego alumna
- San Diego Workforce Partnership wins $310K grant for behavioral health training
- Orange County’s ClearPoint Neuro relocates to Solana Beach
- The Lab Collaborative brings full-service restaurant, test kitchen to Oceanside
…and here are the events we’re (virtually) attending:
- June 1 – WTC San Diego, SBDC Export Specialty Center
SBA: Export Finance Tools for Global Expansion
- June 7 – WTC San Diego, SBDC Export Specialty Center
EXIM Bank: Financing Your Global Expansion
- June 15 – SSA Insurance Services, Breakwater Strategic Insurance
Business Insurance Trends and Predictions in 2021
- Open application – EDC, GoSite
San Diego Biz Hub: Free digital services for small businesses
We’re hiring: Economic Development Manager (Life Sciences)
EDC is hiring an Economic Development Manager (Life Sciences) with five years of experience, knowledge of regional and state economies and industries, and preferred experience in the life sciences field.
This role will lead a strategic economic development framework to enable business attraction, retention, and expansion in San Diego’s life sciences industry.
Apply Now, or Help Us Spread the Word!
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page
- Find North County information at Innovate78’s COVID-19 page