funded summer internship program
In conjunction with the Border Region Talent Pipeline K-16 Collaborative, companies in San Diego and Imperial Counties are invited to apply to host funded computing, engineering, and/or business interns for the summer of 2024. Internship applicants will be sourced through Advancing San Diego’s Verified Programs, ensuring they are learning the industry’s most in-demand skills. Intern host companies will have the chance to interview and select candidates from a pre-screened pool of students. This is a great opportunity for companies to strengthen and diversify talent pipelines and fill shortages for critical jobs. Read how Rady’s Children’s Hospital leveraged an Advancing San Diego paid internship program to help solve their talent shortages.
- January 9 company information session. Sign up here.
- March 8 – March 28 company onboarding session.*
- March 29 – May 31 staffing partner visits work sites.
- May 6 – May 11 companies interview with the first round of student applicants.*
- May 20 – May 24 interviews with the second round of student applicants (if necessary).*
- May 15 students begin internships (start date flexible).
*Intern supervisors must be available these dates.
Below are sample positions, considering student ability based on Verified Program criteria. Companies will be asked to alter these job descriptions to fit their unique company needs.
Please note, these funded internships will only be available to students of publicly-funded Verified Programs. San Diego Regional EDC is committed to improving access to quality jobs for all San Diegans. Please contact us for information about opportunities outside of this program.