Every week, ‘Good News of the Week’ features a curation of positive headlines from San Diego, delivered straight to your inbox. A blend of aggregated stories from San Diego’s most trusted news sources and original EDC-created content, GNOTW provides a comprehensive recap of the region’s best stories from the past week.
Get Good News of the Week in your inbox every Friday. → Sign up
For the week of July 15, 2022, here’s what we’re reading:
- General Atomics awarded $34.6M by U.S. Navy
- Quidel named first partner at SDSU’s Innovation District, founding partner at Snapdragon Stadium
- San Diego biotech startup ViaCyte acquired for $320M
- EDC Senior Director Eduardo Velasquez named among SDBJ’s 40 next top business leaders under 40 finalists
- Illumina among first in the world to receive approval of net-zero GHG emissions target
- Port of San Diego moves ahead with Callaway Golf’s new Topgolf on Harbor Island
- MetroConnect alum Cloudbeds grows software platform with Whistle acquisition
- Frontwave Credit Union buys rights to San Diego Sockers’ stadium in Oceanside
- San Diego’s Veckta closes $3.3M seed funding round
- Benchmark Labs helps improve local weather forecasts for farmers
…and here are some events and opportunities:
- July 19 – San Diego Regional EDC
For talent recruitment professionals: Talent Workshop Series
- August 31 – San Diego: Life. Changing., Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc.
Last call for early bird tickets: Summer Bash
- July 21 – San Diego Community Power
Business Listening Workshop
EDC is hiring, join our team!
EDC is hiring a Research Coordinator to analyze, synthesize, and visualize data to inform San Diego decision makers from the region’s leading companies, nonprofits, and policy makers.
- Find more COVID-19 business information and resources at EDC’s COVID-19 page