Advancing San Diego has released its sixth Talent Demand Report, this time focusing on the Life Sciences industry. Advancing San Diego joined forces with Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) to collaborate on a first-of-its-kind cross-regional workforce development study between two California metros using the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Talent Pipeline Management framework. The two organizations worked together to identify:
- A high-demand occupation in need of a strengthened and diversified talent pipeline
- The skills needed to fill that occupation in an industry that fuels the economies of both regions.
By engaging employers from both San Diego and Los Angeles, some of which have locations in both regions, Advancing San Diego and LAEDC are working to create a common language and understanding of employer need throughout Southern California.
APPLY TO BE A PREFERRED PROVIDER OF LIFE SCIENCES TALENT
- Watch the Talent Demand Webinar where we release the report and walk through the application process HERE.
- View and download the full list of skills criteria HERE.
- Download a Google Doc version of the Preferred Provider application to prepare responses HERE.
About Advancing San Diego:
Advancing San Diego is a collaborative effort to better prepare San Diegans for quality jobs via locally-serving education institutions and expand access to diverse, qualified talent for San Diego companies. The program works to help the region meet its inclusive growth goals by strengthening relationships between local industry and education systems. Better alignment between these systems will mean that the region can collectively prepare San Diegans for high-demand jobs, and local employers – many of which are small companies – can establish or expand recruitment relationships with locally-serving institutions. Learn more about the program here.
How we do it:
- Gather job skills requirements through employer working groups
- Share insights with education partners and publicly recognize programs as industry-approved Preferred Providers of talent
- Build a network of locally-serving Preferred Provider programs and connect companies to students of those programs, including fully-subsidized internships for small companies
The collaboration between Advancing San Diego and LAEDC was made possible by:
Advancing San Diego is made possible by JP Morgan Chase, and is a collaborative effort by the following organizations:
Other resources you may be interested in:
- Register for Advancing San Diego’s Career Exploration Day and Virtual Career Fair
- Apply for a paid MA internship through Advancing San Diego.
- Learn about past Advancing San Diego experiences.